Monday, March 1, 2010

Sailing Over Sydney

With the day shaping up like one imported directly from Seattle, I proceeded to print and trim a photo of Gibson-US's face (I had to trim because here in Oz, we use standard A4 paper, rather than the imperial legal format).



I elected to fold a traditional schoolroom paper airplane, rather than taking the time to construct a more elaborate one. I figured this would be easier to conceal up a sleeve, seems as I would be launching from the top of a Westfield carpark, renowned for their tight security.



I drove to the second top level of the parking lot (the top being reserved for employees and blocked by a boom gate) and made my way on foot to the top level, watching all the time for security guards. With no guards in sight, I loitered until just before the appointed hour, before making my way to the edge for the official launch.

As you can see, the view from the top of the carpark was less than impressive. On a clear day, you get a good view of the city and of Sydney Harbour Bridge but on this day there was a clear view of the grey horizon. Still, the mission was a complete success.


Original Video- More videos at TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. Nice flight! Looks like your simple design put "the champ" to shame.

    ReplyDelete