Sunday, March 8, 2009

Successful Launch in W.A.


Although it was difficult to get out of bed before 9 on a Sunday morning, we made it down to Hyde Park in Perth and staked a claim on the only adult-height swing in the joint.

The countdown to launch was quite tense, especially given that wayward children kept sniffing around the swings and threatening to cross the landing area.

As the countdown reached 10 seconds, I began gaining thrust and released my grip at T-minus 1 (09:29:59 WDT). My photographer began rapid fire snapping and a fine moment was captured.

The southern hemisphere is safe for now.

1 comment:

  1. I feel slightly safer in the knowledge that the Gibsons are doing their part in setting the space time continuum straight. I await the next event with a sweaty grip on my mouse...

    ReplyDelete