Thursday, December 31, 2009

Bronte: Mission Successful


After a year full of tensions and stresses, but also of gratifying rewards, it was a pleasure to take part in this final challenge of the year. It was a time to reflect on our successes and our stumbles, and the quiet pride that comes with saving the world on a monthly basis.

Having no store-bought sticker paper on hand, nor, as it turned out, the glue required to make my own sticker paper, I had to resort to using packing tape as adhesive. And while this will likely not last far beyond the next Sydney rain (scheduled for this weekend), I felt it would do its job. Sure, it's not as polished looking as Gibson-US's amazing effort, but in this game, you sometimes have to be rough and ready.

Owing in no small part to the fact that our end of the challenge was to take place at 6:25 in the morning (yes, the morning), my wife and able-bodied photographer, Hayley, and I arrived at Gibson St, Bronte, with mere minutes to spare. But a hasty, yet efficient, application of the packing tape left just enough time to spare.

At the precise minute, I fell to my knee and applied the sticker to the pole, completing the GvsG circuit, and bringing much needed end of year intercontinental relief.

2 comments:

  1. Bravo fellow savior! I see great things for the universe and mankind in the future... all because of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna hunt down that Bronte sticker.

    ReplyDelete