Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Fully Charged in Lynwood, WA



Seattle is a great city, however it lacks one key element that would make it super great -- a street named Gibson. My precursory search on Google Maps found that the closest Gibson street was about 20 minutes north of Seattle in the disorienting and diabolical town of Lynnwood, WA. But I was not deterred. Being the courageous adventurer that I am, I gathered my team of assistants and we braved the strip malls and traffic cameras of Lynnwood on the way to the solitary redeeming place within its city limits -- Gibson Rd.

We hadn't gone far along Gibson Rd. when we realized that there might be a problem -- all of the signs were attached to wooden poles! How was I supposed to attach a sticker and complete the circuit on a wooden pole? Just when we thought all was lost, we came to a stop sign at the corner of Gibson Rd. and Admiralty Rd. that used a metal pole. It was a busy intersection fraught with danger -- a woman walking a pug, kids on bicycles, and an exotic car business with a Lamborghini parked out front. Nonetheless, at 11:25 on the second I knelt before the street sign and placed the sticker on the pole. Just as I felt a surge of energy enter my body, I also realized that the sticker did not want to stick to the freezing metal pole. It was only through intense focus and precise pressure that I managed to get the sticker to cling to the pole.





Afterward, I felt renewed, refreshed, recharged and ready to take on 2010. Assuming we don't screw anything up too bad, next year should be filled with universal harmony and personal serenity for each and every one of you. Just leave it to us…

2 comments:

  1. Your sticker is an artistic expression of all that is GvsG.
    This was truly a left brain/ right brain challenge: relaxed artistry vs pragmatic essentilaism.

    I invented a new word.

    Essentilaism |i'sen SH el,izem|
    noun
    1. The attitude or practice of accepting a situation as essential.
    2. The quality or fact of representing a person, thing or situation as vital to the continuing existence of mankind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your wit is endless! loves it (and yes, i spelled love with an "s" at the end on purpose).

    ReplyDelete